Springfield Vermont Area News
Water Theft in Morgan’s Field | The Vermont Journal
BELLOWS FALLS, VT – How many households have had their water stolen during the pipe replacement in Morgan’s field, including Elm street, Steuben Street, Lincoln Street, Summer street, Meadow Lane and Morgan Street. Most households will not even know unless they compare their water bill to the last f…
Friends of Springfield Town Library Host Annual Holiday Open House | The Vermont Journal
SPRINGFIELD, VT -Residents of Springfield and the surrounding area gathered in the Springfield Town Library Friday, December 12 for the library’s annual holiday open house. The event was sponsored Friends of Springfield Town Library, and began at 6 p.m. and concluded at 7:30 p.m. Music was provided…
Springfield Vermont Police News
- Anyone know what just headed up Main Street all decorated in Christmas Lights???
Holiday - Drive Hammered. Get Nailed
There's a lot that happens when you get a DUI. You could end up in jail, lose your license, or your life. This holiday season, if you drive hammered, you wil...
Precious Metal Dealer Licensing | Vermont Department of Public Safety
In accordance with Title 9 Chapter 97A, the Vermont Department of Public Safety is required to certify precious metal dealers in the State of Vermont beginning on January 1, 2015. Businesses wishing to continue operating as precious metal dealers must submit an application prior to January 2015. Fai…
- Outstanding warrants were for: Gonyea x2: Heroin Sale/Delivery & Possession Depressant/Stimulant/Narcotic and Disorderly Conduct. Bibens x1 for False Pretenses/Tokens; Retail Theft
Bellows Falls Police Department
Michelle Bibens and Martin Gonyea were both just taken into custody for outstanding warrants for their arrest.
Lebanon Man Arrested for Sales of Heroin
A Lebanon man is charged with three counts of Acts Prohibited – Sale of Heroin after a joint investigation of the Lebanon Police Department and NH Drug Task Force. Police say Adam Rivera 33, of Leb...
- The members of the Springfield Police Department send Get Well wishes to the Vermont State Trooper injured in this morning's accident on I91. Please always remember to SLOW DOWN & MOVE OVER when approaching any type of emergency personnel, this includes Wrecker Services; State & Municipal Highway Departments; and Utility workers and equipment.
UPDATE! Dec. 10 • At approximately 8:40 a.m., Vermont State Police Corporal Michael Sorensen was parked in the emergency stopping lane on Interstate 91 in Windsor near mile marker 54/20 south bound, when his marked State Police cruiser was struck by a passing motorist. Sorensen was providing warning for a crash ahead and parked with his flashing blue lights activated. Alexander Schramm, 26, of White River Junction, was traveling south in the left lane approaching a vehicle that was traveling in the right lane. The vehicle traveling in the right lane changed lanes to the left lane due to the crash ahead. Schramm attempted to slow and lost control of his vehicle. Schramm’s vehicle, a 2008 Nissan Altima, collided with the guard rail and struck the rear of Sorensen’s 2001 Ford Crown Victoria and spun, colliding with the driver’s side as well. At the time of the crash there was light rain. The right lane was wet and the left lane was partially covered with ice. Sorensen was transported to Mt. Ascutney Hospital by Windsor Ambulance with minor back pain. There was moderate damage to the rear of both vehicles and minor damage to the front of Schramm’s vehicle and to the left side of the cruiser. Schramm was issued a ticket for causing the crash. State Police were assisted by Weathersfield Police and Windsor Fire and Ambulance. This picture is courtesy of the commander of Troop D, which includes the Rockingham Barracks.
Springfield Regional Chamber of Commerce
Santa is here! Come down to the People's Bank Parking Lot Monday-Friday 4pm-7pm. His beautiful new red house is located in the corner of the lot near Main Street. He will be in the Plaza on Saturdays from 11-2.
- Be advised Carley Road is temporarily closed due to trees on phone lines in the area of # 223....VTEL has a tree service enroute and this should be cleared up shortly!!
- This is NOT an endorsement of this particular site... but it pertains to the PD and was the only known source for the information at the time of the link:
Springfield Vermont News: Crime and Safety Committee forum
Driver flees after crashing stolen vehicle
A driver of a Jeep reported stolen in New Hampshire fled the scene of a crash Tuesday afternoon in Rockingham, police said.